Saturday, August 27, 2011

Are You Ready? Is Your Monkey Ready?




This reminds us of a story:


Back in the days when we were wealthy with our reputation and our restaurant/club & bank account, we had one hell of a work-horse named Dottie.  She was older and worked in the mornings, we had a very large staff as you cannot do anything without a staff.
Anyway, one morning I had to fill (file), in.  Usually at that time in the kitchen it was Big Band Music....   "What puts the kick in the chicken, the magic in June?"......   That morning I did not feel so perky.  I put in my Patti Smith tape, everyone was so worried about Dottie...
A couple of songs played and then "Space Monkey" came on.  Not one said a word as Dottie prepared the chicken salad.  We were all looking at each other, speechless;  I was even starting to feel bad at this point (and I owned the joint!), the song and the tension came to an end, as well as the end of that tape.
None were speaking, and then Dot stops chopping the chicken and says:  "I love that song!!!  Can we listen to that again?".


Dottie forever diggs Space Monkey.


It is so important not to judge.


qw

No comments:

Post a Comment