Friday, June 11, 2010

art frenzy over, cocktail time...




This is the general impression upon entering this step-up master bath in Gramercy Park (proper)



We decided to use our collection of brass keys to do the riser face..
The full impression cannot be absorbed due to the quality of the Photo...
But the yellow of the brass against the red of the copper actually helps remind the user to step up...
Please, please- click to embiggerate...



Please don't clean them, or select them...
Or it will look contrived and not like the scales of an ancient koi of extraordinary stature...



All finished & clean, we are very pleased with the outcome, and we are our own most severe critic...

qw

5 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I can only imagine what it must look like in real life. When we visit NY, we are staying in Washington Square Park area (I've only been to NY twice, so I'm not very familiar with the city). I would love to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,
    Make sure you email me before you come & I'll give you my number.
    The whole apartment is just designer's thought food & very bohemian, you will feel very much at home....
    Gramercy Park is a neighborhood and a park at 21st. street where Lexington ends and is the only private park in Manhattan & I have the key!

    It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to it. We will be there Nov 10-14.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! & I forgot to say that it is just a lovely walk from Gramercy to Junoon!
    New York's finest thrift shopping is on and about E.23rd. Street too!
    Rich peoples' Junk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love those junky rich people!!

    ReplyDelete